View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Hi Tevis,

I am spelling that right aren't I? Any way what I was thinking is that I fished for about 20 years a whole lot on Pennsylvania's Spring Creek where the fish have seen plenty of flies. Feather Wing Streamers, classically dressed always caught fish and I believe it was because they possessed 2 qualities. One: they have the profile and motion when presented properly, of a small forage fish, and 2, they were not what the fish were accustomed to seeing. I don't suspect you'll find many brown trout that'll whack a Jock Scott but I figure you could raise a few dandies on a well dressed Nine Three.

My staple streamer was my own Brown Trout Minnow I called the Answer. From the mid 90's until 2004 it caught hundreds of browns in Spring and many other Heritage (no kill) waters in PA. & CO. I'll PM you a link to an article about The Answer pattern.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;