View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thread: nylon or NCP

Funny this thread came back to life. Just last week I finally got to put a finish on my wraps and learned another lesson!

I used Fish Hawk tan nylon for the wraps but used Pro Wrap's version of NCP (they don't call it that, but that is what it is) for a light gray tipping at the end of each guide wrap. After the epoxy went on - no color perserver - all the tags of the NCP gray (which looks more white now) are clearly visible under the tan. A bit disappointing.

Does color perserver help keep nylon thread more opaque? Thus in the this situation help hide the tags under the main wrap? I didn't use it because I wanted the main guide wraps to go more translucent and darken the color. I wonder if using all nylon would have hidden the tags?

I was planning on posting some pictures and asking these questions, and I will do that tonight maybe.

I did feel better after looking at some $700 Loomis rods at the store yesterday and seeing all the tag ends and in their trim wraps...they were surprisingly sloppy!