View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default House Buying in the USA

Hi Folks,

After a bit of general advice on negotiation tactics when house buying . I have agreed a price with the seller, subject to a satisfactory House and Septic inspection.
I visited the property with the appropriate inspectors last week. The Septic system failed and a new one is required. I got the home inspection report today and there are a number of issues with drainage, sump pumps, the garage roof. The well pump is old, although functions, the furnace did not fire up when inspected.

Some are pretty major in my opinion. The owner is strapped for cash, so the have agreed that they will put in new septic and pay the installers on closing.

My question is, on the other issues, what is the normal process to have these fixed.
1. Do I get quotes and then renegotiate the sale price.
2. Should I expect the seller to fix these issues
3. Should I share the inspectors report with the owner.

I have engaged an Attorney and will be taking his advice, however just wanted to get some opinions.

Any advice appreciated.
Best Regards
Eddie