View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Epic fiberglass builds

Just a couple of builds off my bench in the last couple of weeks. They are on Epic Fast Glass, a new manufacture out of New Zealand. Nice and smooth, accurate and very fast for glass rods.

The natural glass rod is a 580 in what they call "Nude". It is a 5 weight, 8', 3 piece. Wrapped it in Fish Hawk silk Blue Steel (I think) with black tipping. It's the first rod I got to try my new decals on. I like it, but I'm bias. As usual I turned the insert, Carolina Cherry Burl and turned the handle.

The Amber looking rod is a 480 in...... duh Amber . It is a 4 weight, 8', 3 piece. Wrapped in Fish Hawk silk Old Copper with black tipping. Walnut insert and reverse half wells handle.

Both are topped off with Lemke hardware, Snake Brand Universal guides and Struble Amber Agates. Sorry about the sizing, Photobucket isn't playing fair with my limited computer skills.

Click the image to open in full size.