View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Buying in the USA

I can't speak for 'everywhere' in the US, but as far as the Western States are concerned, PA's dead on with his comments.
fae

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
Absolutely correct. Once they are aware of the problems, they are legally required to include the information in the Seller's Disclosure, which means, either they fix them for you, or they fix them for someone else, unless they find a buyer willing to buy as is, and that buyer would probably have to be a cash deal as lenders don't like to loan money on property in bad condition. (I think Mrs. Eisenhart, my high school English teacher, would roll in her grave for that run-on sentence.)
edit: "Good luck and remember leave emotions out of this decision."

SO YES!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Just another .02 cents here.

For the moment I'm going to think this just isn't a SFR =single family resident lot, but a decent chunk of ground with value ... how ever that may be described. If you can buy the place for just the value of the land, have the old one torn down and build a new home?

I've financed more than a few of those over the years.