View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: House Buying in the USA

Thanks guys, some great information and advice. In response to some of the points made.
Both Attorneys are discussing situation today. I have an independent licensed contractor on standby to give me a fix all quote, should I decide to stay in the game.
I have shared the inspectors report with the sellers agent and await a response.

Should have no issues with the loan as I have a more than adequate deposit.

Although it has been completely renovated inside with high quality materials the house was built in 1940, so I guess this may have a bearing on some of the underlying problems.

The house is on the outskirts of the town of Sherman in CT a beautiful area. The wife loves it, another problem but as has been said, keep emotion out of it.
It's is also two miles from the Housatonic river, which I understand has some of the best trout fishing in CT, one of the reasons I looked at the house in the first place

To be continued