View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Striper Shadness?

Rip pretty much nailed it. I like Clouser Minnows, too. And this is just my small box.

Click the image to open in full size.

I would add that you need to think line strategy. With the fast current and depth, you probably should be using a super heavy shooting head. Something like 30 to 32 feet of T-11 (330 to 352 grains) should get your fly down properly. If you do not like the traditional two piece shooting head system (shooting head + running line), you can always get one piece integrated shooting head systems like Rio Outbound lines.

I like to wade or park the boat on a shelf. My casts are quartered upstream. I will let the fly get depth then start stripping the fly fast. Usually grabs are at the shelf line which is good cover for stripers.

Dennis