View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie gear question

Dennis pretty much covered it for me. But, what fish are you targeting, what kind of water, and what part of the country? My Colorado trout bag might not help much if you're fishing salt. The more info you give the better guidance you can get.

I'd probably replace the leader and possibly the tippet spools. The spools might have a date on the back that is worth checking. Unless the leader and tippet are fluorocarbon it will break down over time especially if exposed to sunlight. Tapered leaders or furled leader and tippet spools aren't that expensive and it is no fun to lose a nice fish because of weak tippet.

Welcome by the way!