View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House Buying in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
Thanks guys, some great information and advice. In response to some of the points made.
Both Attorneys are discussing situation today. I have an independent licensed contractor on standby to give me a fix all quote, should I decide to stay in the game.
I have shared the inspectors report with the sellers agent and await a response.

Should have no issues with the loan as I have a more than adequate deposit.

Although it has been completely renovated inside with high quality materials the house was built in 1940, so I guess this may have a bearing on some of the underlying problems.

The house is on the outskirts of the town of Sherman in CT a beautiful area. The wife loves it, another problem but as has been said, keep emotion out of it.
It's is also two miles from the Housatonic river, which I understand has some of the best trout fishing in CT, one of the reasons I looked at the house in the first place

To be continued
That whole area is very nice. My wife and I grew up in that area- me in Woodbury, she in Bethlehem. I fished in, and camped by the Housatonic from a very early age (think canvas puptent).

Don't think of a 1940 house as old in New England. When we were first married we lived in a house that was built in 1760.