Re: Floated from Newcastle to Silt today.
how is the water clarity holding up on the lower c and fork? it looks like the fork is above 400 now and could be floated from carbondale to gws, but i was wondering if it is starting to show color. i can't get up this w/e on 4/13, but maybe in another week on 4/20-4/21. was hoping to float a day or two before it gets off color, and then move over the ark for a couple floats in early may.
we floated the glenwood area on the same general days in 2012, a weekend late in march. water clarity was good, a little green murk then but not off color from runoff yet. floated glenwood to dino day one, and west bank (fork) to south canyon day two. no action that early on stone fly nymphs last year, but pt's, prince, and eggs all produced. also had a strong bwo hatch both days on the colorado above south canyon that we anchored to work in the same spot in the late afternoon. had some streamer action, and took quite a few whitey's and suckers on nymphs too.
any info on water conditions and clarity would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.