View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone been up to the miracle mile recently?

One option if I-80 is closed at Elk Mtn/Arlington is to take hwy 287 north out of Laramie and follow that all the way around until it connects back into I-80 just short of Sinclair. That is my preferred route when the wx stacks in at Elk Mtn as it can get really nasty, but has gotten better with the electronic speed signs that force the truck traffic to slow down in bad wx.
Another option to get to the Miracle Mile is to take hwy 287 north out of Laramie, then at Medicine Bow turn right on hwy 487, follow that north until you see hwy 77, turn left on it (it will eventually connect back to hwy 487), about half way around you will see a big wooden sign on the left that will take you over to the Miracle Mile, just be careful, there is a Y in the road and the first time I misread the direction arrow and went left, instead you need to stay to the right and eventually it will take you to the Miracle Mile. I probably wouldn't advise taking that route if it has snowed recently, it is pretty remote out there with just a few scattered farm houses so I have no idea how often it gets plowed.

Larry