Thread: advice request
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough
Default Re: advice request

Nice cold front and about 1-1/2 - 2" rain in my area. We had a 40 degree change and it feels good, as summer to dread is just around the corner. I always say I put up with the hot humid summer so I don't have to wear a coat in the winter.lol

I have not bass fished this spring and but yes they should be on the beds in most all areas. Where I live we will be back to 80+ degrees on Friday The Bass will be back on the beds this weekend or sooner. Maybe today Thursday as we will be back up to 70 degrees. Didn't stay cool long enough to cool water much. Slow strip a Wolley Bugger or Zonker to really make a Bass mad. To make them irate then throw a crawfish pattern nearby.

Your should still have Crappie available. I'm headed to Crappie fish in southern Oklahoma in about 9 days; to fish on and before the full moon. I plan to tease with a Red Fox Squirrel Hair. Also tying up same but with some legs. I think the legs will really **** off a Crappie. Fish slow as they are not inclined to chase this time of year. They are in protection mode and attack when eggs are threatened. Main problem is keeping fly out of underwater brush hangups, but that's were I find the Crappie.