View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 PM

runningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nice
Default Re: West Palm Beach Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Although Lake Okeechobee is a great lake for big Bass consider fishing right at your doorstep . The shoreline fishing in the Palm Beach area can be off the charts! May is a good month for huge Jack Crevalle right off the beach as well as other mixed species. Also some of the nearby canals have very good fishing salt as well as fresh water species. Something to consider.
Lake Okeechobee can be very overwhelming for the first time fishing especially without a guide.
Yes, I am gonna be there without a guide. I am leaning more toward fishing the lagoon since it has more species. Is there a particular stretch of shoreline that I should concentrate on?, how far should I cast and what kind of general flies to use?
I don't know much about inshore fishing, specially from the beach. Jack is a very elusive fish and probably impossible for a beginner with 8wt like me to catch.