View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:25 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NuCanoe Frontier ?

I've paddled the NuCanoe several times. Fairly fast, fairly maneuverable and you don't set so low you can't see structure or water seams. That alone,,,will catch you more fish. The more I fool with the boats the more I think fly fishing is not to be done sitting down low. The NuCanoes are not hard to stand in...I've done it without the rest. But even on the seat, you are higher than a kayak. I like my kayak, but it's not the fishing platform a NuCanoe is.
I like the 'pond crawler' type boats better than either, really. I have the Pelican Bass Bass Raider 10E, with a small 4 by 8 trailer that hooks nicely behind the family car. You have good seat height, and they cost less than top of the line Kayaks even. But as the gent said,,there may be NO perfect boat..thus so many models and types exist. I'd like to have a Frontier 12 for when I felt the need to travel down the falls sections of the New River. But, it's a want and not a necessity since I have the 10E.

Google Image Result for http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1016/boat3x.jpg