View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: House Buying in the USA

Here we go, still in the game.
Just for context, my Attorney is a life long friend of my brother in law. As suggested by a lot of you guys on here I engaged a reputable building contractor ( a very good friend of my Attorney and reputation second to none in the area ) to give me a fix all price.
He visited the property today and was amazed how wrong the house inspectors report was.
Septic aside, which the owner is fixing.
In his opinion there are no major issues with the house, all it needs is a bit of TLC. He told me I should ask for my money back from the housing inspection company as their conclusions were so wrong.

So tonight I'm a lot more comfortable with my position.

Thanks again guys for all the advice, I'll keep you updated on progress.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Good check list there Eddie. One last point is if you're going to finance part of the purchase best you be in close contact with a Lender now.
fae
Already in hand