Thread: Tippett rings
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tippett rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjames View Post
Anyone have experience with Tippett rings? I am considering the experiment and wondering on how fine a line I can use them effectively. For example, could I tie a ring on the end of a 4x Leader and throw on a couple of feet of 5x for a Tippett? Could I do the same between 5x and 6x?
Yes !...I have been using these...

Click the image to open in full size.

...since they came packaged this way...

..and I use these for my tippet material...

The top two are Mono and the bottom is from the guys who invented Fluoro. I use the rings with 7x leaders and up to 9x tippet material - if needed. I use the rings with Streamers, Buggers, nymphs, wets (try using more than one ring for droppers) and dries. ALL connections are with a Uni Knot...

I no longer burn through leaders when I need to add tippet and save some $$$'s in the process...They work just fine

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/