View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 PM

edwardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: July trip to New Mexico & Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutcomegetit View Post
Consider camping down Old Lime Creek Road. Sweet stream that is a tributary of the Animas that offers stunning scenery and nice fishing for small trout. Hopper dropper and you'll be into them no problem. Avoid on weekends, because it does see some traffic despite being a rough road. By the way, what vehicle will you be driving? Pretty rough road FYI. (IM me and I'll give you better details and directions in to this spot) There is also a great hike off this road to a small alpine lake called Spud.
Lime Creek definitely sounds like a place to try out; we'll be in a 2WD Toyota 4-Runner; I've also heard of Spud Lake and plan to hike in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelesshero View Post
Latir Lakes which is in the Rio Costilla area is beautiful and fun.
Thanks, I'll have to look up the Latir Lakes

Many thanks to all of you; I am SOOO looking forward to this trip.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
Make reservations now if you want in for Tolby campground in Cimarron State Park.
Well, I've already gotten reservations at Maverick CG and Tolby is now full for when I will be there; hopefully there's some good fishing down at Marverick. I'll make sure I stop by Dos Amigos and Fox Creek Store.