View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

I got a few martins to post. I really like these blue collar reels.

If someone told me that some new law was put in place, and reels nicer than martins could no longer be produced. It would not effect my fishing even one bit.

There are so many Martins, I believe there has got to be one for every possible circumstance.

Click the image to open in full size.

Its no secret to me that my approach may rub a few the wrong way. I'm a guy who buys stuff really cheap, restores it..... then fishes it.

I got to add, I really love these martins, along with the equivalent medalists...

I have even more martins, but the others are disk drags...... I have plans in place to sell those disk drag models on e-bay, as they really do not fit my style.. If anyone wants to see detailed pics or needs any information........on any of these models pictured, please ask (I will provide).

I also fish some nicer reels (orvis / lamson/ allen), but the honest truth be told ........ I personally don't need any thing nicer, in my style of fly fishing! I feel the blue collar reels offer everything I truly need.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

_____________________ ______________________ ___________________________ __________________________ ____________________________ _________________________ ________________________________

Internet opinions are often a dime a dozen. Here is another pic that hopefully helps backs my stated "personnel opinion"., And helps give some validity to the opinions I have presented.

For me these are luxury items, much like a Mercedes, or BMW..... I don't really need them, sometimes I will take them out for a drive. I'm sure for many of you guys, what I consider my nicer reels...... might be considered your junk..

Cost will always be relative to ones income.

Last edited by charged; 04-12-2013 at 08:08 PM.