View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Epoxy Minnows etc.

Bruce, excellent info! I've made quite a few epoxy bodied flies over the years, and also never really felt the need to make solid epoxy bodies. Most I've made were also coatings over a tube base with additional materials for tails.

On big sizes, like used for Striped bass, mylar tubing doesn't always have the support it needs to provide a good base & achieve the proper shape, so I've used materials such as EZ Body, with the mylar tubing inside. I've added rattles inside many of the bodies as well.

If you spend enough time experimenting with them, there's a lot of things that can be done. I like the idea of stuffing the tubing with various cheap materials.

The nail polish is a great idea too. I usually just use permanent markers for adding back or gill color.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!