View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:02 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First trip of spring

Got in the water at 8. 35 air temp, 33 water surface temp. Fish rising everywhere. Caught fish til I couldn't feel my feet or fingers. Had to stop and back out to warm up a couple times. Air warmed gradually, water temps as well. Fished until 1. Probably not more than 40 fish, mostly browns, but two remarkeable fish. A brown that's eluded me for at least two seasons was hungrier than smart, got him on a #20 BWO. Big, snakehead-looking fish. The other- about once a year I'll see a big rainbow, hanging in the current, looking like a silver torpedo, and it ignores everything I can present. Not today. Hands and knees in the water, slack water about 3 feet wide, #24 black RS2 got him. There was a family watching from the willows, the guy's jaw dropped when he saw the fish. Fat, dark green, pink and silver, my hand didn't go even a third around it's belly. Still smiling. Casa de Oso.