View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: In search of big browns on the San Juan NM

Having done some night fishing I'll offer a couple tips. Get to know the river well before going in the dark. When you are on the water during daylight look specifically for hiding spots for fish. Shelves, undercuts and boulder are favorites. My best results came at either the head of the pool where such hiding spots existed or at the tails.

At night when the big trout come out they migrate to where the current feeds the pool or run. This is (along with the tail out) where the most food can be had quickly. The tails are host to many small fish and I've seen some real activities in these places.

Also when you are on the water in daylight pay attention to pocket water at the shore line. What to look for are areas teaming with small fish. Baby Trout, dace, and etc., I've stumbled into some big fish that were in these shore line pools / pockets feeding or resting as I waded along in careless bliss.

Hope these few tips will help.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;