View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green River Fishing 2009

Ard: We got there in the afternoon on Wed and the wx was great, we fished on our own for a couple hours and only caught one fish as I remember, but with the warm wx it didn't really matter, we just enjoyed being outside on the river. Thur we did the guided float and the wx again was great. At one point in the afternoon the wind really started blowing and it tried pushing us into the rocks, the guide worked his butt off rowing against that gale, but it only lasted 5 minutes. Yes the river has a mixture of rainbows, cut bows and browns. They say the rainbows and cutbows are mostly on the upper portions of the river and the browns on the lower section. The "A" section float is 7 miles. The interesting part was that the guide knew the river so well he didn't even want us to fish the first mile or so. He knew where the honey holes where and wanted to be on those spots at a particular time. Fri a front was starting to come thru and then Fri night it snowed up at Flaming Gorge Lodge where we were staying, we fiddled around and didn't get down to the river until 10 am but it didn't look like it snowed down there, we only fished a couple of hours down at the take out at Little Hole but still landed three fish and lost a couple others. The drive home was uneventful until we approached Rawlins, WY and hit a hail storm, where we bailed off the freeway to let that pass and then as we approached Elk Mtn the wx looked really bad, but as we crossed the mtn it wasn't bad except the wind had to be blowing 50 mph or better. About 20 miles from home I looked back and noticed that the cover on the boat had exploded, the whole back end had broke loose from the boat. This winter I took it over to a tent and tarp place to patch the holes from last season and was hoping it would last but the material was getting pretty thin. So now I need to buy a new boat cover. We woke up this morning to another snow storm, we have about 3 inches of snow in the yard. Maybe summer will get here someday!

Larry