View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice
Default Baby bassin', finally!

Spring weather is finally starting to touch MA and I had my first successful trip of the season this weekend at a local pond.

The bass were all still pretty small but I brought in about 8 or 9 of them plus one small bluegill.

The MVP fly by far was one of my own creation, accounting for about 5 of the bass. I posted some picture of it below (sorry for how poor quality they are, hard to get a good shot of it considering its shape and size). This fly is also the best I've ever used on bream. It is a simple creation, comprised of brown chenille (with specks of flash) and hard plastic (from hook bags) as wings). The beauty of this fly is that it covers the whole water column. If you let it sink and strip it with long pauses, it will bounce off the bottom. If you strip it normal speed, it will cruise along in the middle of the water column. Because of the wings, and the fact that the water goes under them and pushes it up when it moves, a fast strip will have it skimming the surface.

It's been a LONG winter here I'm happy to announce that the fishing is officially on in eastern MA.

Click the image to open in full size.

Biggest bass of the day