Thread: Attaching a tip
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attaching a tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker12 View Post
The tip on my 5 wt has come loose. I was lucky that i noticed it spinning around and didn't lose it. What and how should I replace it. I suspect a hot metly glue. Just wondering if I can heat the tip or not. I so have some low temp glue I use on my arrows.
It just needs to be re-glued.
If you can't just pull the tip-top off, wrap the exposed end of the rod blank with some masking tape before heating with a lighter.
If you're going to replace it with a new one, buy a few different sizes....it's not easy to get it right