View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lower Provo River - 03/30/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post

That fly would be awesome on my Tenkara :-)
Absolutely Joni, although yesterday's 20-30 mph sustained winds would have presented some additional challenges with the Tenkara rod.

I fished downstream of the R/R bridge (above the tunnel) from 2:30p to 4:30p and the Baetis hatch was one for the ages. Even the duns that did get off the water were quickly slammed back down by the crazy winds and the trout were in a feeding frenzy. What a weird scene to see these Baetis duns cart-wheeling upstream on the surface like tiny tumble weeds.

I took several nice 'bows, a couple browns, and even a (bonus?) whitefish about 20" long.

I had to bag it around 4:30p as my fingers were just numb. In fact I hooked my last fish (~15" brown) left-handed while blowing on my right hand to warm it up!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring