View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Update on fishing the Bitterroot River.

I took the day off on Friday as the forecast was for a cloudy 60 degree day and the weekend promised to be less desirable.

I fished from 10:30 till 3pm and nymphed up one whitey and finally one decent brownie. That's it! I was pretty surprised at the lack of bugs and fish. At about 2:45 in the afternoon after I'd essentially given up I sat down and had a beer while I watched March Brown hatch. It was a pretty good hatch, not super heavy but lots of duns floating down a perfect seam in front of me. And I watched them float and go out of sight! I saw one single rise the entire day! Not one Skwala. Weird. Baffling.

I'm sure someone else on different stretch had their best day ever.

It was a lovely day either way, explored a great piece of water that I'd never been on. Beat the hell outta work!