View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM

jeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud ofjeepster II has much to be proud of
Default Re: In search of big browns on the San Juan NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly505 View Post
Ya I was having a few issues with drag on the nymphing leaders being the diameter of the furl felt to be a little to large.... I do only use furled leaders because it has cut down substantially the cost of replacing a ton of nylon leaders when the tippet end would get cut back alot when changing rigs and flies. Plus I can't stand leader memory, drives me crazy. I put my indicator right by the tippet ring so the only part of my rig that's subsurface is my tippet...works extremely well and havnt had drag issues since, I hate using shot...I tie my weighted nymphs with lead-free wire or tungsten beads. Thanks for tips fellas
The best thing about split shot is it doesn't have a hook. It's part of the mix at the juan.