View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

jmac321 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: streamers for trout in Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriv View Post
I posted this as well in the Western US section of the forum but i think anyone with western states knowledge of trout fishing can be of assistance.

Ill be moving out to UT in the fall and I'm trying to expand my knowledge as much as i can prior to arrival. Ill be fishing the Provo mainly. Im curious as to the streamer fishing there. I know nothing about streamers and ive only dry and nymphed the provo previously. Im curious as to...size of streamers and what patterns are good, techniques, and time of year the technique is good. I just put together a great steelhead setup with 10ft 7wt stiff rod. From my reading ill surely be able to use that for tossing heavier streamers right?

Thanks in advance to everyone!
You did not say what waters you want to fish, in Utah. This info may help you get the Info you seek. The Colorado river is all I can help you with, Platte river special. Brown and yellow streamer worked very well for me on several trips to the Colorado river in Utah. Check with the local fly shops in the area for what is working. I can't recall the size I was using but, how big a fish do you want to catch? Bigger fly bigger Fish, not always but some truth in it.