View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice
Default Re: Hello From the Northwest Territories

Thanks everyone--your quick and friendly replies just confirm why I've been frequenting this forum. Ard and Fred, I've also read your postings over on the Speypages forum and have learned a lot from those (also gotten quite a few chuckles as well!).

Fred, you're in Idaho I believe? I'd love to hear the story of how you almost ended up in the NWT.

Ard, oddly enough I've never fished in the Yukon though I do have friends in Whitehorse and we pass through there every year on our way to Haines. As a resident Alaskan have you ever fished in Haines? Some great coho fishing in the Chilkat and Chilkoot--some friends and I go every October just before the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. This will be my fifteenth year.

Believe it or not I don't have a lot of pics from my various fishing adventures as I don't have a camera and have never been much of picture guy--just no "visual sense", really. I do have a few pics I can dredge up and will try to post those sometime. The pic in my avatar (if I actually loaded it properly) is of me heading out one very chilly morning on the Chilkoot river.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I look forward to posting.

Scott