View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: streamers for trout in Utah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriv View Post

jmac321.

within the thread I started I cleary state THE PROVO river. Thanks for you help. to all the others that read the post and saw my interest about the Provo thanks! I have actually been to Four Seasons Fly Shop before in Heber. Awesome little spot!
Are streamers your preferred approach, or was it more a factor of the time of year (fall) that you mentioned them?

Reason I ask is because the Provo is a highly-pressured tailwater fishery... and outside of the fall pre-spawn zone, I'm not sure the trout are willing chasers. They get conditioned to a year-round smorgasbord of midges, scuds, and sow-bugs drifting by (in addition to the seasonals) and even the big fish would rather sit and inhale "sliders" all day as opposed to chasing the occasional "Big Mac" that presents itself.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring