View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: About tippet for Great lake steelheads

Was seeing a lot of low and clear, so I have used 5x tippet on a number of occasions, with flies as small as sz 18. HOWEVER, since my trip out to the West Coast I have been testing heavier tippets. I use fluorocarbon almost exclusively and have used Rio, Orvis, and Seaguar. I like Seaguar for both the quality AND the size of the spools. I want to test TroutHunter due to how well its tested but have yet to order any.

Ben, keep me posted when you're headed this way so we can meet up and get on the stream together, whether its the Salmon River or otherwise!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...