Thread: All around 4wt
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: All around 4wt

I fish both the Zenith 8 1/2'/#4 and 9'/#5 and the ONE of this same size. All three rods eschew over lining. The RIO Gold works very well on both 5-weights (I did try RIO Grande on the ONE and it was a de-sensitizer). The #4 Zenith loves the SA Textured Trout(Stalker)...this combo is a killer technical spring creek presenter. On a bit larger water, the ONE is a truly remarkable technical rod; not as sweet and more demanding than Zenith but its line speed, loop formation and communication is unparalleled. As a side-bar, my 9'/#4 is NRX rigged with SA Mastery Expert Distance Taper...these three rod series represent the high line-speed cream of today's carbon rods. I just rigged a Trout BOSS #5 on a reel but have not tested it yet, very soon though.