View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Can't Catch Trout at the Local Lake!

Tie a marshmallow fly!!!
Last summer we took a family vacation to Rocking Horse Ranch for some horseback riding and other outdoor fun. The lake had some huge Carp that basically never left the dock where the kids were constantly feeding them hot dog buns.
I threw every fly I had and came up empty. I finally went to the gift shop, bought a sewing kit with white thread and used the inside of a cigarette filter, yes a cigarette filter to tie a big white ball that I thought looked like a piece of hot dog bun. The Carp thought it did too and I landed 2 of them with my 6WT and my "Marlboro" fly. I released them but they died shortly after of lung cancer...