View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Can't Catch Trout at the Local Lake!

If you have ever been to the Keystone ski area in Colorado, they have a little lake by the lodge that has the biggest trout you have ever seen swimming around in it. The place is owned (or was at least) by Purina. They had trout chow in vending machines and you could feed these giant freakin trout. I wondered at the time about tying "hatchery food" flies for stocked fish. If you know where the hatchery the fish in your lake came from is, you might go there and ask them to show you what the food looks like. Who knows, it may work. By the way, trout can't digest corn, (neither can I) and it is illegal to use in many places.