View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM

mryan2176 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite bass fly

This is a very simple fly I tie, I call it the rubber bunny. It works great on the smallmouths and carp in the finger lakes area rivers. I tie it in sizes 4, 6, 8, and 10. It works well for carp in the two smaller sizes . It's just a bunny leech with rubber legs as a tail, and bead chain eyes. Sometimes I will put a collar of orange master brite dubbing as well. But honestly it catches fish either way.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheap and easy to tie, as you can see, I'm not much good at tying flies. I buy my trout flies, but these are so easy and cheap to tie, that I have a go at them. Really surprised the first time I hooked a big ol carp on one. I had my three weight. I didn't catch him either. I tie them on using a Duncan loop, seem to be slightly more effective with a bit of added action. I bounce them along the bottom in the deep holes and runs in summer. Always catch some very nice bass on them. My favorite cuz they are easy and cheap. I tie the smaller sizes for use on my 3 weight and for carp. Big bass will eat a size 8 without hesitation.
They work great for rock bass and largemouths to. I'm going to tie some on size 2 hooks and add weed guards.

Matt

Last edited by mryan2176; 04-16-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot something