Thread: white fly rod??
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: white fly rod??

The outfit sells blanks too I think. There are very few white blanks that I know of. If I were determined to have a white rod I would buy whatever blank I wanted and then lightly scuff the blanks with #400 emery cloth paper. Follow this with several very light coats of pearl / metal flake / white finish in an acrylic enamel and viola' a pearl finish blank.

I say acrylic enamel because it will be compatible with a top coat of rod finish over the finished rod. If you use a base color coat that has the same properties as the clear coat you will finish with, the base coat may (I said may) re-emulsify and that is bad no matter what you are finishing.

Think about that.................. I could do it, I don't want to but I know it could be done. You would just have to be careful while working on the blank dressing the guides not to scratch the finish. After 2 top coats of clear rod epoxy the finish will be good. Many blanks are painted in some way or another.............

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;