View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: TFO Custom Rod Shop

I too am not surprised to hear that some portion of TFO blanks have minor structural anomalies. As I myself enjoy employing automotive analogies, I get what TFO is suggesting and I like it. However, like petee, I am unaware of post production "correction" in carbon rod blanks. I suspect they are "hand picking" the one-in-a-hundred perfect blanks and assigning them to this custom crafting operation and that "blueprinting" in the engine sense, is an analogy. Gary Loomis is a non-fly rod consultant to TFO but, to the best of my knowledge, does not perform any blank production for them; they have their dedicated rod shop in Korea for that.