View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: TFO Custom Rod Shop

I too am not surprised to hear that some portion of TFO blanks have minor structural anomalies. As I myself enjoy employing automotive analogies, I get what TFO is suggesting and I like it. However, like petee, I am unaware of post production "correction" in carbon rod blanks. I suspect they are "hand picking" the one-in-a-hundred perfect blanks and assigning them to this custom crafting operation and that "blueprinting" in the engine sense, is an analogy. Gary Loomis is a non-fly rod consultant to TFO but, to the best of my knowledge, does not perform any blank production for them; they have their dedicated rod shop in Korea for that.