View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 AM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New here from Michigan's U.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp green View Post
Thank you all.

I lived in Jackman. A tiny, rural town just 16 miles from the border with Quebec. I loved it and have some very good friends there still, but unfortunately it was just too rural and isolated for my wife and daughter.
Sault, Check out the Lock View inn and restaurant. right across the Locks visitor center On Fridays they have all you can eat fish and fries. Prepped anyway you like it. Not sure if antlers is still there but just "interesting" atmosphere. Clyde's drive in is without a doubt a great cheese burger. Try the BIG C.

Try an extended weekend with the family
-Mackinac Island/City-just have to do it once
-Harbor Springs-Tom's Mom's Cookies. Oh maaaaaaann.
-Petosky-Papa Lou's Pizza
Traverse City-cool stuff and a big city for you to see. Lake MI is amazing. And that North west corner of Lower Northern MI is where some of the best fly fishing you can be around-lots of pressure but once you find a spot stick with it.

AMAZING small mouth fishing in Grand Traverse Bay. Cast at a big rock and slow strip right next to it-the Smallies take care of the rest.

UP stuff
The Teqxxxxxxxxx Falls
Paradise
Painted Rocks National shoreline

Stay out of Dafter

Check out the Lumberjack Festival. I have never been but hear its a great time. I think its in Brimley in the fall