View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: TFO Custom Rod Shop

A few points...kudos to you guys for avoiding a degenerating tone to this thread, well done gentlemen. Asian made Cordura covered PVC rod tubes cost the US marketer of off-shore built rods VERY little and, whether you use them or not (I store clean, dry rods in their tube but use a multi-rod case afield), all fly rods should come with a protective tube. If anyones' concern is that, by including a tube, TFO's reasonable pricing will escalate; keep in mind that a substantial component of their current pricing is there rapid, oft used, unconditional warranty. My concern as a frequent fly rod buyer who has three TFO rods in our house hold quiver, is that by admitting that to get optimal performance out of a popular model, it needs to be custom selected, "blueprinted", suggests a lapse in quality control at the production site level. If Sage, Scott, Loomis, Orvis, etc. discover a minor blank flaw during pre-assembly inspection, I am told they destroy the blank rather than passing it on to the unsuspecting angler. Errors do occur though and I'll pay extra to not be the recipient of invisibly flawed fly rods by relying on not needing a custom selected version.