View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM

beartraks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom Sage Eddie Bauer Limited Edition LL 590-3

I own several of them- I worked for the company when the liquidation of the fly shops occurred (very sad) and did take advantage of the close out pricing on some very nice gear and tackle. If i recall, some may have been simply Eddie Bauer editions for which if so- Sage should be able to honor as their own warranty, and if truly custom as wildabouttrout mentioned below- they should bear a signature from the custom maker. The two I own were made by Gary Anderson of Anderson Custom Rods andersoncustomrods.com and you can tell by the gold or silver wire trim you be uses on the thread wraps. He offers a lifetime guarantee on the rod with a fee for the shipping, of which I had to take advantage of upon an errant car door on one.
In the mid-90,s when these were last sold- pricing was in the $450-$600+ range so definitely higher end than your standard Sage production rods.
I am about to take mine out this weekend on the Norfork after they have lied dormant for at least a decade as I let life get too busy to fish (I know- what a shame) but hey- I am getting out now! Hope this helps verify what you recall from the Eddie Bauer Sport Shop...