Thread: white fly rod??
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: white fly rod??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Dan,

What do you think about my 'make your own white blank' idea posted above? I would do it if I wanted a custom color rod. Did you get me message off your phone?
Actually I did your idea pretty much exactly on a casting rod for Sturgeon last year. The idea is it's easier to see bites in the dark on a white rod than a black one.

I got the message, but during the Spring Walleye season I am so busy I don't have time to cut a good fart. This one broke records. The Birchdale landing had boats in line waiting to be dropped in the water that went from the ramp to highway 11 1.6 miles away and around the corner. It took up to 4 hours to get your boat launched. When Frontier opened up enough to get a bigger boat in (Thanks to help from a backhoe) there was a line that went almost the same distance. It took a bit over 2 hours to launch there for a while. Once it opened up at Vidas, again thanks to a backhoe, the ramp was shut down due to no more parking. There was 244 vehicles in there by 10:45 AM. I got there at 4:30AM and was the fifth vehicle in. It was 7 F out which was not even the coldest morning. It was 5 one of the mornings. I don't think they had those kinds of temps in mind when they designed boat motors. It causes problems pretty often.

The season ended midnight of the 14th. Things calm down a bit now. Thank goodness because if it went on longer than this...... I'm to old for this stuff anymore.