View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Furl Girl Leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Likewise. Have yet to use mine. I showed it off at our last FF club meeting. It was a big hit. One thing that surprised me was how many experienced fly fishermen were not familiar nor had heard of furled leaders. Are these new to fly fishing?
Furled leaders have been around since silk fly lines (maybe even before). They were first made by furling horses tail hair. Long time ago. Or something like that. Basically dropped off the face of the earth when gut leaders came around. Then nylon monofiliment came into being and both were forgot. Until about 10 years ago when I got my first leader from Jim Cramer in California. Finally I got Joni to start making them after I heard and bought a DVD from Kathy Scott on building your own.
At least that's my story and I'll stick with it.