View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM

mn steelheader will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from very snowy MN

Hi everyone:

I just joined up after trolling these forums for the better part of a year! I'm officially bitten by the fly fishing bug. Very new to the sport, in fact I am currently searching for my first rod as we speak (even though cold water trout season has been delayed again by a massive snowstorm and frozen streams). Another convert I guess who has been chasing steelhead on spinning tackle with very limited success and have decided to give fly casting a go. I've been trying out a LOT of equipment and have settled on the 9' 8wt. 4 piece class. Would love to hear from all of you with your thoughts on rods. I'm mostly taken with Winston and Sage, having tried the GVX in Winston (very nice) and the Sage XP. I've also heard the TCX is nice as well. What I am truly looking for, however, is a Graphite III 890-4 RPL. I have heard awesome things about this rod and had the pleasure of casting a 690 RPL and loved it. Probably a challenge to find in a 3 or 4 piece though as I know these are older rods.

Maybe I'll save some of this discussion for a future post and won't bombard you all from the start! Too excited I guess. Wish you all tight lines and I'm looking forward to being a member and regularly reading the forum.

Scott