View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: Examining Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

90% of the content in the glossy fishing rags is recycled material, and not very informative, unique or even helpful.
90% is a low-ball estimate IMO!

In all seriousness, not much has evolved in - fishing tactics, stream dynamics, trout behavior, or aquatic insects - since the glory days of angling literature... so anything that falls under these categories is almost definitely a re-polishing of old findings.

If you're a gear junkie there's always the latest-and-greatest gadgets to read up on.

I don't subscribe to any, but I always take a peek inside; Fly Fisherman, Fly Tyer, The Drake, and/or American Angler when I see them on the stands... if something catches my eye I'll pick it up... Gotta read something on the crapper.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring