View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:11 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Worth while to salvage on old, decent blank as a first project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_nguyen View Post
Post up some pictures when you start rebuilding it!!!

I've always debated on whether to strip down a couple old rods I have. Eventually one day I'll do it.
DO IT!

Did some basic web research, and they are taking very good care of me here - about the only thing that hasn't been offered to me is to hold my hand while I am trying this!

I went from hesitant to feeling pretty confident pretty quickly. When the reel seat popped off, I was convinced that this is a very worth while abd do-able thing.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Rip Tide,

Thanks again. That looks just about perfect.

I think I am looking for Lewis & Clarke looking for something I remember out of my childhood - Gudebrod Classic Twist Threads.

Orange/black should tie in well with the black hardware and the brown rod finish with amber-ish highlights in the sun.

You mentioned getting multiple tiptops before. I listened... plan is to get the one I think I need and the next 2 sizes up and next two sizes down. I/m pretty sure I will be using them at some point.

Last edited by random user; 04-19-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: cause I is me