View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: New from Maryland

Welcome! The lack of replies may be limited knowledge of those particular reels. I know nothing about them, as have never used any of them so can't comment. From comments I've read here & on other sites Allen reels seem to have a good following.

What do you need the reel to do? IMO, other than chasing species such as Tarpon, which can destroy reels if not of good quality, the reel that most of us use does nothing more than hold the line. A good drag system is always a plus for when you need it, but not a necessity for many species.

Since there is a wide variety of needs for fly reels, opinions will vary as to whether a particular reel is suitable for a specific use.

You might also ask about reels in the Fly Reels forum. Perhaps you'll get a better response.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!