View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whip finisher destroying my thread.

I've been using a Matarelli, not a matarelli type, whip finisher for a long, long time and very rarely have a problem as you've had.
I did have one of my real Materelli whip finishers go home with a student and a copy was swapped. I found that out right away when I used it for the first time. The copy did not spin as freely and the sticky points in the copy caused the thread to pop.
Too many wraps with grippy thread will cause problems no matter what you use. Weak threads will give problems too.
My days using Uni though are over. There are threads out now that are better in every way, as near as I can tell through bench top testing and use anyhow.

I refuse to own a matarelli-type whip finisher because even though the real deal cost more that the matarelli-type whip finishers, I find it hard not to appreciate and pay respects for genius in thought and design of products like that and will pay extra just to keep thinkers thinking.
Anyone can clone and copy the brilliant design of something that sells well and takes very little risk bringing those cheap copies to market since the hard work has already been done.