View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:51 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking not to break the bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter hanman View Post
I just got at 3-5wt and 7-9wt topflite reels for my 5wt and 8wt rods.
If you have not done so, line them up, and fish the snot out of them. Let us know how they work. The 3-5 weight model can't be that bad especially since it will most likely be a line holder.

Quote:
Firstly I was wondering anyone's thoughts on these reels and if there are any other good brands that don't destroy my wallet that I should know about.
Sorry. I just learned about Topflite reels from this thread. As for sub $100 reels, check out the selections from Orvis and Redington. Usually my first choice for a lower price pointed 8 weight reel is a Lamson Konic 3.5. It cost more than what you want, but sometimes you can snipe one from eBay under $100.

Quote:
Secondly I was wondering about reel oil. What brands should I use? How often should I oil my reels?
Jim already gave a good response about oil.

Dennis