View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I'm so tired of winter

Although I fully appreciate how you fellows are roughing this spring out and wishing for a break in the weather I still think you've got it made.

For 2 days now we have had warm weather, sunny and high of 47 yesterday and today looks good also. Even with this swing it will be weeks before the ice goes out. I will make a trip this week to an ice free zone but it will involve travel. Our weather could keep warming, it could snow 2 feet tomorrow, or it could just decide to rain.

Rain is the worst case, it will ensure flooding and a poor start to the season. The flood waters of last September and Octobers record setting rains are still locked in the ground and the ice of the rivers. It got so cold so quickly that the flooded rivers froze as they were.

After we had that deep freeze of -38* that started before Halloween and lasted through December, our winter was plagued by a warm trend through January that brought with it ...............yep, rain, and lots of it, which then froze into more ice and on and on........... So you should just be glad that there are still not several feet of ice on your rivers. I am eager to have a shot at some fishing. We are assembling rafts and inflating the pontoons today. The boat is out from its storage spot and ready for a spring oil change and test running also. It's just the darn Ice!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;