View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cache la Poudre River, Fort Collins?

It's interesting, maybe I don't experiment enough- but I will be transparent here: I've never caught a fish on the Big T. Never. Not one. I've probably fished there 10x. Fishing in the Park I've caught plenty of all varieties. Fishing on the Poudre, I've caught plenty. Plenty. Fishing in the bahamas- bonefish, check. But the Big T? nada lol. I aim to change that this summer. I think it's a nymph river and I generally do well with dry's on the Poudre...so my goal is perfecting my nymphing on the Big T and will change the ratio and break the spell

All that to say, I have also had a heckuva time catching fish in town. I live in FoCo. Where do you go in town to fish the Poudre? I've not lived here that long. I have tried a bunch of times in various places (Timberline/Prospect area, lemay/riverside area, legacy park area...) no luck. anyone have any advice for me? Just for what it's worth, I'm a fly fishing, catch and release, barbs clipped, eco friendly fisher